BCD Travel Intern intranet (communication/marketing) in Netherlands
Do you want to be part of our global intranet team and contribute to this challenging project? This internship offers a great learning opportunity within our international environment.
Intern intranet (communication/marketing) Fulltime, at our office in Utrecht Period: starting September 2018
You assist our team in development and launch of our new global intranet. The pilot will roll out in three countries and there's a lot to do and learn. We're looking for a mature, dynamic intern who's a self-starter. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of business technology, internal social media and corporate communications. You gain work experience and learn best practices using social and collaborative tools targeting some of our over 12,000 employees.
- Contribute in creating business content for the new global intranet such as employee manuals, benefits documents, company policies, business standards and news feeds
- Maintain effectiveness in content, usability and search capability
- Apply user-centric design standards
- Generate creative ideas and approaches to content management and system adoption challenges
- Lead a project to map out old intranet content--helping to determine what we can clean out and remove.
- Provide general administrative support to the team
Location This position will be based at our office in Utrecht within our marketing department. You'll be a part of our virtual intranet team. The intranet director is based in the U.S., the intranet specialist in NL and there are many colleagues involved in the steering teams that are based in other countries. You'll participate in regular online connections and will need to document daily work and progress.
- Completed or working toward a bachelor degree, in a related field as Communication or Marketing
- Willingness to learn Microsoft SharePoint, as well as IntranetPro
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of BCD Travel and the people we serve
- Strong English languages skills are required (additional European language skill is a plus)
Apply Would you like to apply for the position? Please apply via our website. If you have a question, feel free to reach out to Rosemarie Beentjes, intranet specialist via e-mail or via +31 (0) 20 562 16 05 Please send your application via the BCD Travel website (don't use e-mail for your application).
About us BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,500 creative, committed and experienced people.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled