BCD Travel Congress Manager in Netherlands
Do you have congress management experience and do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! For a Global Pharmaceutical client of BCD Meetings & Events we are looking for a congress manager.
Congress Manager Fulltime, Utrecht
You are responsible for congress owner management, hotel sourcing, Professional Congress Organizers (PCO) relationships, attendee management, compliance and contracting documentation of assigned congress for a Global Pharmaceutical client.
- Primary client contact with regards to all logistical arrangements surrounding congress
- Negotiate all supplier contracts for the best possible prices and concessions in order to meet savings expectation on congress spend
- Coordinate on-site job responsibilities with on-site logistics team (Hotel, ground, logistics, etc)
- Secure and manage hotel room blocks in accordance with Congress rules and procedures
- Secure congress registrations for attendees
- Budget creation, management, and reconciliation
- Ensure all compliance requirements and guidelines are followed and properly documented
- Reconcile meeting in accordance with Client audit standards/maintain an audit ready environment
- Advise of critical deadlines in planning process
- Overall fiscal responsibility for congress activities
- Minimum of three years' congress planning experience
- Experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience is preferred
- Travel industry and destination knowledge
- Previous experience with participant registration for congresses
- International attendee experience a plus
About the department The dedicated Congress team is a team of professional Congress planners that works together to deliver the highest quality Congresses and ancillary meetings to our global pharmaceutical client at congresses throughout the world. The North American team consists of 23 team members, and we are now hiring for teams in Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
What we offer you In this role you will work on a global account for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. This is an exciting job within an international work environment. Our company culture is incredibly supportive and takes employee welfare seriously with a strong emphasis on ethics and corporate social responsibility. You'll be working with a great international team of colleagues. Next to this, we offer you a competitive salary, training, career development and a dynamic work environment.
Your work location This role is based at our BCD Meetings & Events office in Utrecht.
How to apply Apply for this job by creating a profile and uploading your CV and cover letter via our website. Please contact Suzanne Miechels, Recruiter EMEA, + 31 20 5621 799 or jobsEMEA@bcdtravel.nl if you have a question.
About us BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled