BCD Travel Events Manager in India
Are you ready for a challenging and exciting endeavor that will require the investment of a lot of hard work, dedication and all your experience? Are you ready to bring your skills, competencies and experience to support BCD Meetings & Events in enhancing our Asia Pacific business? Do you have a solid understanding of the MICE industry and proven project management experience? You might be exactly the new team member we are looking for.
The Events Manager is responsible for managing meetings and events. Events Manager conducts sourcing and assists customers in site selection, and fully manages the following: venue sourcing, contract negotiation, planning and execution, attendee registration and management, savings generation and documentation, budgeting, final invoice reconciliation, and maintaining meeting information in meeting technology tools. Events Manager is responsible for building and maintaining client and vendor relationships, providing best-in-class service and executing meetings at, or above, client expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Specific Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct "kick-off" call with client to obtain meeting details in preparation for sourcing
- Work with customers to develop, coordinate and implement their meetings, incentives and events.
- Prepare benchmark costs workbook to secure meeting approval
- Initiate property search using eRFP technology
- Leverage clients preferred properties in their Meetings and Events program
- Monitor property responses, prepare availability grid and present to customer for property selection
- Negotiate contract T&Cs and concessions following client guidelines
- Prepare Contract Sign Off Workbook to properly represent contracted financial obligation and track cost savings
- Manage contract process to produce fully executed contract and supporting documentation
Budget and Financial Management
- Finalize meeting budget with actual spend, cost savings and payment/accrual information
- Fully reconcile final invoices and submit requests for payment within payment guidelines
- Utilize preferred vendors for quality of service, minimization of risk, and maximum pricing advantage
- Operate in an ethical manner with vendors, in accordance with established standards
- Keep vendors current on proposal status. Block appropriate space and release all unneeded space on a timely basis
- Negotiate all supplier contracts for the best possible prices and concessions in order to achieve contractual client SLAs
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism, and integrity when negotiating with suppliers and interacting with clients and colleagues
- May need to support and back up RM team; build and maintain registration websites, electronic invitations and confirmations for each assigned event following client guidelines and within client driven timelines.
- Oversee aspects of the website design, understanding system capabilities and reporting parameters to ensure data is captured appropriately for reporting purposes.
- Work within the registration website technology to manage thresholds for arrival/departure parameters, room blocks, room block changes, activities, roommate assignments, data capture and reporting.
- Plan and manage meetings, conferences, and/or conventions
- Work with client to develop, coordinate and implement travel program agendas and itineraries.
- Develop and conduct client site inspections as required and follow up with site inspection notes, revised estimated budget, program itinerary and program timeline.
- Schedule, prepare and facilitate weekly team meetings with respective program teams for each assigned program.
- Prepare meeting recaps and distribute to respective team following each team meeting.
- Negotiate and purchase ground transportation, entertainment and décor elements via preferred Destination Management Companies and/or direct vendors.
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. The employee may be asked to perform other duties and responsibilities, as necessary.
Essential Job Functions: (Required for US only--all other countries may delete)
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
Key Contacts / Relationships:
Key operations and sales/account management (if applicable) personnel.
Industry contacts including suppliers
Education / Knowledge / Experience: (Subject to local laws and practices)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in planning meetings, incentives, conventions, conferences and/or special events
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services
- Minimum of 2 years experience in client management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in database management
- Firsthand experience of domestic and international group travel
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
- Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- CMP certification preferred
Characteristics & Competencies:
Active Learning / Continuous Learning
Proactively pursue opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge
Communicate ideas and information accurately and in a way that engages the audience, helps them understand and encourages them to take action
Flexibility & Adaptability
Understand, adapt to and learn from changes or challenges in the environment
Honesty, Integrity, Building Trust
Demonstrates solid business ethics that give others confidence in your--and the company's--intentions
Look for new ideas and initiatives to improve individual, departmental or organizational performance
Consistently interact with individuals and groups in a positive and collaborative manner
Understand and apply service concepts and techniques that will surpass customer expectations
Work effectively as part of a team
Recognize, understand, and manage your own and others' emotions to build productive and trusting relationships
Influence & Initiative
Actively and effectively pursue opportunities to influence others and the organization
Producing & Driving Results
Set goals for individual, team, customer or organizational success and use available resources to achieve--or exceed--those goals
Account / Relationship Management
Ability to establish strong partnerships with clients, prospects, vendors and peers and demonstrates knowledge of practices that provide service and support.
Focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting work commitments.
Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Decision Making & Critical Thinking
Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Managing Multiple Priorities
Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Ability to plan, organize and run the day-to day of a specific program(s), achieving program objectives for the organization. Provide reporting and make program adjustments as warranted.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled