BCD Travel Venue Sourcing Consultant in United Kingdom
As one of the leading full-service Global events agencies, we are seeking to further grow our Venue Sourcing team and have vacancies for Venue Sourcing Consultants. We work with some of the world's leading brands on meetings and events across the world. We're recruiting for motivated, confident venue sourcing consultants with a good knowledge of the events industry, and experience in venue sourcing; people who know what it takes to go above and beyond client expectations to find them the best possible location for their event. We are looking for people who are flexible, self-motivated and can work well as part of a team; people who are highly organised, thrive on pressure with keen attention to detail. The successful candidates will be required to manage multiple enquiries against very tight deadlines, and will be customer focused at all times. So, if you're able to share your expert knowledge, insight and relationships with the best hotels, meeting rooms and quirky spaces, you could be just the person for the job. Above all, you need to be able to build rapport with both clients and suppliers and to deliver solutions to challenging requests in a fast-paced environment. Of course, you'll also need the usual skills, such as financial acumen and excellent communication.
- To provide excellent service to the satisfaction of all customers
- To act as primary contact for customers by handling all incoming venue find requests
- To prepare proposals and costings to meet with your client's budgets
- To complete enquiries at the point of sale where possible, accurately and efficiently
- To maximise all commercial opportunities
- To consistently apply and demonstrate venue and destination knowledge to all clients
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of managing outside suppliers, sourcing and negotiating contract services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications although training can be provided
- Experience or knowledge in planning corporate meetings, incentives and/or special events
- Previous venue and destination experience in the UK and or overseas
- Experience with technology tools for sourcing meetings although training can be provided
What we offer you: This is a terrific opportunity within an international fast paced working environment. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, training programs, career development and a dynamic work culture.
Work location: Derby
Get to know us: BCD Meetings & Events is a full-service, global meetings and events agency. We design solutions and experiences where people, passion and purpose come together to drive business results. We are uniquely positioned in being able to manage high end event experiences and strategic meetings management programs with equal degrees of expertise. We are experts who love what we do - so will you.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled