BCD Travel Events Project Coordinator in United Kingdom
Grass Roots Meetings & Events, a BCD Meetings & Events company, is offering a great opportunity for someone to join as a Project Coordinator to be based in the Fleet office but will require occasional travel (both within the UK and abroad) for client meetings and events. This role is fixed term contract for one year working full time hours. The Project Coordinator will support and assist the Project Team in administration and processing for event delegates, offering a professional and first-class service to both internal and external clients. The successful candidates must have excellent customer service skills, a good understanding of databases and spreadsheets, have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and have the confidence to liaise with delegates, other departments and internal and external clients. They will take responsibility and ownership for all project mailboxes and incoming queries and calls. A 'can do' attitude, along with the ability to work on their own and as part of a team, is a must! Applicants must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages. This role will involve being on-site, which may include stays for up to two weeks within and outside the UK.
- Assist in the smooth delivery of onsite registration services ensuring that the client expectations are met at all times (both in the UK and overseas)
- To maintain a high standard of general knowledge across all Programmes/Services provided to the client
- To be responsible and take ownership for all project mailboxes, incoming queries and calls, where necessary. Calls are required to be actioned and resolved by the Project Coordinator, unless escalation is necessary
- To progress/chase any query passed to other staff members until query is resolved and closed, taking responsibility for closure
- To maintain web based content to a high standard in accordance with programme requirements (where appropriate)
- To check data and cleanse data or report on anomalies
- Accurately input relevant delegate data to ensure the event system is kept updated
- To produce the relevant reports as requested and check for accuracy
- Maintain files for the programmes ensuring they are kept up to date and documentation is accessible
- Assist in delivery of post event reports
- Complete all internal paperwork such as timesheets in a timely manner. Ensure that all Maconomy requirements are up to date
- Maintain and develop sound professional working relationships with clients, customers, suppliers and colleagues, being the main point of contact for some clients
- To be proactive, suggest enhancements to improve internal processes in order to provide superior levels of service to the client
- To work with Project Consultant and Operations Manager to enhance programme quality and suggest opportunities for improving quality of delivery
- To live the Grass Roots values and display the correct behaviours at all times
- To actively support the Operations Manager and Project Consultant
- To support other Project Co-ordinators and coach new recruits, as requested, in order to ensure they understand their role and are aware of the standards and the consistency required
- Where necessary undertake site inspections or client meetings and prepare a written report for distribution to both the client and Operations Manager/Project Leader/Director, Business Development as appropriate
- Plan and prioritise tasks, anticipating problems and acting to minimize risks
- Manage and minimize any financial exposure to the company
- Inform Project Consultant or Operations Manager of any changes to workflow or additional client requests which may result in changes to the budget
- Where appropriate, negotiate with suppliers
Ideal Skills and experience A 'can do' attitude along with the ability to work on their own and as part of a team is a must. Applicants must have a good knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word and Outlook. The ideal candidate will be a French speaker, however this is not essential.
- Customer facing experience
- Experience of basic IT programs
- Excellent telephone manner
- Experience of working in delegate management
- Have a customer service focus together with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Outgoing person who enjoys dealing with people both face to face and over the telephone
- Ability to travel and work overseas as well as throughout the UK
What we offer you: This is a terrific opportunity within an international working environment. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, training programs, career development and a dynamic work culture.
Work location: Fleet
Get to know us: BCD Meetings & Events is a full-service, global meetings and events agency. We design solutions and experiences where people, passion and purpose come together to drive business results. We are uniquely positioned in being able to manage high end event experiences and strategic meetings management programs with equal degrees of expertise. We are experts who love what we do - so will you. Grass Roots operate Meetings and Events services from key locations in London, New York, Dusseldorf and Zurich. Specialists in strategic meetings management and delegate management, Grass Roots work with three of the Big Four professional services firms; nine of the top 15 investment banks and many other global organisations. We manage over £150m worth of meeting spend, drive compliance within organisations and focus on improving the performance of meetings and events programs.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled