BCD Travel Events Manager, Life Sciences in United Kingdom
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join our thriving and growing Life Sciences Events Team as an Events Manager. As part of our extremely successful Life Sciences Team, you will be for sourcing and contracting venues, contract negotiation including addendum, budgeting and timeline supervision, project planning and organisation, billing and savings consolidation. You will be required to work on a variety of projects for our Healthcare/Pharma clients. It will also have day to day responsibility for ensuring the events run by the Healthcare/Pharma team are following the client/BCD M&E processes and are able to deliver first class events.
- To produce events of varying size and complexity with direct responsibility for project development, planning, budget management and execution of all assigned projects ensuring all Healthcare/Pharma code guidelines are adhered to.
- Create, update and communicate budgetary information to client throughout the planning and execution of meeting including final reconciliation.
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity when negotiating with suppliers and dealing with clients and team members.
- Determine and arrange detailed programme needs (i.e. room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on site/off site events and activities, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries, VIP needs) as required.
- Understand international Pharmaceutical compliance requirements and their impact on event planning.
- Responsibility for compliance with client SOPs and Pharma/Healthcare guidelines.
- Undertake site inspections, both UK & overseas to identify suitability of a venue for a particular event.
- Engage and supervise external suppliers as needed to provide creative and technical production support on designated projects.
- Ensure supplier quotations are fully negotiated for the best possible prices in order to meet client's expectation of savings.
- Operate and oversee the design and creation of registration websites for delegate management in the clients or company's meeting management platform with the support of a Project Executive.
- Ensure a detailed timeline outlining all planned project details is produced for all live projects.
- Adhere to all deadlines and turnaround times.
- Complete weekly timesheets, tracking actual work time against all projects.
- Ensure you are fully conversant and trained on client SOPs.
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Create on site documentation for colleagues, suppliers and clients for each event.
- Maintain a professional, smart personal appearance and be a role model at all times.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven Pharma/Healthcare event experience.
- Outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept at negotiating.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and multitask on a variety of projects.
- Pharmaceutical/healthcare background essential.
- Pharmaceutical regulation knowledge.
- TOV reporting experience.
- Full event management experience.
- Ideally, StarCite/Lanyon experience (training can be provided).
- Budgets and pricing experience or knowledge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (training can be provided).
- Able to project manage events within the UK and internationally.
- Ability to travel as required in the UK and overseas.
- Foreign language skills are an advantage.
What we offer you: This is a terrific opportunity within an international working environment. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, training programs, career development and a dynamic work culture.
Work location: Faversham
Get to know us:
BCD Meetings & Events is a full-service, global meetings and events agency. We design solutions and experiences where people, passion and purpose come together to drive business results. We are uniquely positioned in being able to manage high end event experiences and strategic meetings management programs with equal degrees of expertise. We are experts who love what we do - so will you.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled