BCD Travel Credit Controller in United Kingdom
An opportunity has arisen to join a well-established team within the Financial Operations Team as a Credit Controller. As part of our extremely successful and highly focused team, you will take ownership for the collection of cash working to 30 day terms, and the carrying out of all sales ledger functions, whether it be on Commission or any of the Event ledgers within the BCD Group. Maintaining very high activity levels and working towards clear objectives and targets to maximise cash collection and reduce DSO in turn reducing our exposure to bad debt.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining high pro-active contact levels with customers, demonstrating excellent telephone manner and the ability to negotiate for the best possible collection figure while also meeting pro-active call targets.
- Answer reactive calls promptly (within 3 rings) and courteously as detailed in the standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Be able to draw on skills to handle and diffuse any negative situations that may arise during the collection process and to deal with customers at all levels.
- To be extremely cash collection driven, chasing payment of invoices to terms of 30 days, working to targets on both cash collection and DSO.
- Must work on own initiative, using ability to prioritise workloads using efficient time management skills to work to target within very tight deadlines.
- Deal with queries and issues in a professional and efficient manner and within specific time frames.
- Use excellent keyboard skills, to be able to multifunction by dealing with relevant information on the system while on the phone to customers.
- Work as a team within a very busy performance driven environment.
- Target aged debt on ledgers -- focus on reducing and clearing 90 day debt to target DSO figure.
- Liaise confidently and effectively with all internal staff.
- Build relationships with customers, identifying key contacts which will ensure quick and consistent cash collection.
- Work towards reaching and exceeding targets in all Key Result Areas within the role.
- Offer 100% support to on line manager at all times.
- Assist in the weekly Invoice run.
- Send all monthly Statements in a timely manner.
- Attend all meetings pertinent to Credit Control, Finance and any other company business as required.
- Constantly looking towards increased efficiency within the Credit Control role in both processes and current credit control practices.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend all staff meetings as required.
- Control the proper use of stationery so minimise wastage.
- Take care with all equipment in the finance department, and faults or lack of source are promptly reported in line with the company/legal Health & Safety requirements.
- Build a team approach and promote loyalty and co-operation within the Finance department and other departments.
- Be involved with all required training and development opportunities within the company.
- Ensure work within the finance office is carried out to the level required in Health & Safety regulations, and to be familiar with the company's legal Health & Safety requirements.
- Be aware of, understand and (when required) put into practice the fire and bomb procedure.
- Keep abreast of developments and legislation.
- Work within the finance department is often confidential and its confidentiality must be maintained.
- Attend familiarisation trips and client entertaining as required, remembering at all times you are representing BCD M&E Ltd, and so act in a manner which upholds the excellent name of the company.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks requested by management.
The above job description is not to be regarded as exhaustive, there will be other duties associated with this position and other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
- Credit Control Experience
- Good team player
- Confident Telephone Manner
- Microsoft package experience -- word, excel, email etc.
- Past experience working within a finance department would be beneficial.
What we offer you: This is a terrific opportunity within an international working environment. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, training programs, career development and a dynamic work culture.
Work location: Derby
Get to know us: BCD Meetings & Events is a full-service, global meetings and events agency. We design solutions and experiences where people, passion and purpose come together to drive business results. We are uniquely positioned in being able to manage high end event experiences and strategic meetings management programs with equal degrees of expertise. We are experts who love what we do - so will you.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled