BCD Travel Creative Proposal Writer in United Kingdom
Creative Proposal Writer - Events
Full time role
Milton Keynes - UK
Due to business growth, we are recruiting for a Creative Proposal Writer - Events based in our Milton Keynes office. This is an exciting and dynamic role working closely with our in-house experts and account management teams in the UK and across Europe to develop engaging and inspirational solutions to client briefs. You will have previous experience of writing brand-focused and production-led event pitches with a desire to drive creativity across everything you do. Language skills are an advantage.
- Research venues, destinations and programmes to meet specific needs and briefs
- Prepare sales proposals and costings to fulfil client brief or internal requirements.
- Interrogate the brief to the fullest and attend brainstorm sessions making positive contribution in the development of creative solutions.
- Budget ownership working with all relevant departments to collate and respond with a commercially viable solution
- Manage own workload and personal responsibility for proposal / pitch / programme completion in a timely and efficient manner.
- Present to clients as part of a wider pitch team as required.
- Working with the Director of Creative Solutions, take ownership on ad-hoc business-driven projects and strategies to develop workable solutions.
- Co-ordinate proposal project team to ensure all areas of brief are met and that the team deliver against deadlines.
- Share knowledge and best practice with the wider business and provide a consultative approach to briefs, ensuring we deliver outstanding solutions every time.
- Maintain existing and develop strong supplier relationships.
- Assess internal process on an ongoing basis to ensure continuous improvement in working practice as well as effective sharing of information/best practice.
- To ensure that staff, as necessary are fully briefed on all aspects of the sales proposal prior to presentation.
- To brief the Project Team on all aspects of the programme at "handover to operations" stage and ensure that current operating procedures pertaining to handover are fully carried out.
- Provide cover for the Director of Creative Solutions during holidays or periods of absence. Cover will include workload allocation for the wider Creative team and weekly KPI reporting.
Your profile: Creative solutions based thinker who can work independently as well as within a team
- 3+ years creative proposal writing experience
- Strong international destination and venue knowledge
- Effective communication skills: oral, written and presentation
- Proficient in all Microsoft office programs -- including excel and PowerPoint
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and preferably German or French
How to apply Click "Apply" to create your online profile in our job portal and upload your CV and cover letter.
Get to know us: BCD Meetings & Events is an independently managed operating company of BCD Group and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. BCD Meetings & Events energizes and streamlines the business of meetings and incentives by offering event-level and enterprise-level solutions. Headquartered in Chicago, BCD Meetings & Events employs more than 1200 people and operates in over 47 countries'. For more information, visit www.bcdme.com.
You must have the existing right to live and work in the UK for this role - we are unable to offer assistance with obtaining work permits or visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled