BCD Travel Linux Engineer in Spain
Do you want to work in a truly global, large-enterprise environment support our Linux Infrastructure and related systems? This is a great job opportunity for someone who wants to learn everything there is to know about Linux and start an international career.
Linux Engineer Fulltime, can be (home) based in Spain or Czech Republic
Our Global Linux Infrastructure team is continuously improving the current infrastructure landscape by increased automation and use of new technologies. You work in a global team and learn from our Senior Engineers. In this enterprise-class environment, you will work with over 1.000 servers across the globe. You will administer, test, implement, troubleshoot and maintain our Linux Infrastructure including all related Information Systems and their components. You analyze our current enterprise and make recommendations for capacity planning and performance tuning based on corporate goals and alignments.
- Implements new and maintains existing Red Hat Linux infrastructure
- Monitors and maintains system security to ensure system integrity
- Provide 1st level support for Information System related issues, including its relative subcomponents
- Partner with architecture group on Information System design issues
- Evaluate, test and contribute to recommendations on Information Systems and their impact on existing system configurations
- Independently research and resolve moderately to highly complex technical problems
- Documents standards, implementation procedures and troubleshooting processes
- Maintain system uptime, perform upgrades, ensure maintenance continually and minimize downtime
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to unexpected customer requests with sense of urgency and positive action
- Implements and maintains Red Hat Identity Management Services and Satellite systems
- Monitors performance for all responsible server systems
- Min 1-2 years experience Linux Systems (RHEL 7 experience desirable)
- Min 1-2 years experience solely with Linux Administration/Engineering
- Effective Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Business Software Applications and Other Communication Tools
- Ability to communicate with customers in a language they can understand in both technical and non-technical situations
- Be innovative, curious and able to rapidly adopt new and emerging technologies
- Think outside the box and look to automate manual time-consuming tasks
- Good command of English
What we offer you This is an exciting opportunity with a world-class Information Technology team at both an international and enterprise scale. Our company culture is incredibly supportive and takes employee welfare seriously with a strong emphasis on ethics and corporate social responsibility. Next to this, we offer you training and genuine career development opportunities.
Your work location This position can be based in one of our offices in Barcelona or Prague. Working from home is also a possibility for the right candidate.
How to apply Please apply by creating a profile and upload resume and cover letter via the website or send your application by email to jobsEMEA@bcdtravel.nl. If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Suzanne Miechels, Recruiter EMEA, at +31-(0)20 562 1799 or at jobsEMEA@bcdtravel.nl.
About us BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,500 creative, committed and experienced people.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled