BCD Travel Compliance Manager in China
Are you ready for a challenging and exciting endeavor that will require the investment of a lot of hard work, dedication and all your experience? Are you ready to bring your skills, competencies and experience to support BCD Meetings & Events in enhancing our Asia Pacific business? Do you have a solid understanding of the MICE industry and proven project management experience? You might be exactly the new team member we are looking for.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for implementing, monitoring and enforcing compliance program, policies and procedures in China.
- Serve as the centralized resource and provide leadership for ensuring compliance with all SOPs and internal policies, procedures and corporate guidance.
- Work closely with management team to ensure their business activities are aligned to local and international regulatory requirements and standards
- Provide local expertise in compliance related areas including bribery and corruption, competition law, data privacy, anti-money laundering and fraud
- Assist the management in understanding regulations, industry and other statutory requirements, including maintaining updates of any relevant changes in regulatory or statutory requirements
- Respond to issues, escalations and violations in the country and work in close coordination with relevant functions including HR, Finance, to conduct and/or review investigations
- Develop course content and conducting training and education on compliance and ethics matters, performing due diligence checks on third parties
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
We're looking for you if your profile matches the following:
- Bachelor's degree required in Law, Finance or related degree
- 5 years' experience in a compliance related role including sound knowledge of related laws and regulations
- Highly analytical and independent,
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong interpersonal and influencing
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Highly professional, able to command respect through extensive knowledge
- Qualified lawyer with experience in working in a multinational legal firm or large multinational in-house roles is preferred
- Fluent in English Language
- Proficient in Microsoft Software
What we offer you: This is an exciting job within an international work environment. You'll be working with a great international team of colleagues. And, we offer you a salary in line with the market, training, career development, flexible hours and a dynamic work environment.
Your work location: Shanghai, China
How to apply: Is this your next career move? Don't wait any longer. Create a profile in our job portal on our website and upload your CV and cover letter.
Get to know us
BCD Meetings & Events is an independently managed operating company of BCD Group and a sister organization of BCD Travel, one of the three largest travel management companies in the world. BCD Meetings & Events energizes and streamlines the business of meetings and incentives by offering event-level and enterprise-level solutions. Headquartered in Chicago, BCD Meetings & Events has more than 1,000 resources in over 40 countries, with sales exceeding US$850 million. For more information, visit www.bcdme.com.
This position is not open to third-party recruiting agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled