BCD Travel Account Manager in China
Are you ready for a challenging and exciting endeavor that will require the investment of a lot of hard work, dedication and all your experience? Are you ready to bring your skills, competencies and experience to support BCD Meetings & Events in enhancing our Asia Pacific business? Do you have a solid understanding of the MICE industry and proven project management experience? You might be exactly the new team member we are looking for.
Account Manager Shanghai, China
The Account Manager is responsible and accountable for strategic development and account management of the client account in China. He or She is responsible for providing excellent client and employee support and exhibiting leadership in the areas of problem resolution, customer service, technology knowledge, and process/policy adherence. The Account Manager is responsible for driving and leading the implementation of the Strategic Meetings Management Program for the client in China. He or She is also responsible for fulfilling all agreed KPIs and SLAs with the client. Travelling will be required for this role.
- Development of quarterly and annual account business plans. Provide both strategic and tactical operational input that supports account development, retention and growth.
- Accountable for driving account relationship, product delivery, meeting client expectations, and BCD M&E account financial performance.
- Overall account leadership by giving clear, consistent, and on target direction to both operations and events service support team for the account -- day to day management of the account
- Continually evaluate, communicate, measure, and monitor client expectations and service level requirements and to adjust/modify appropriately where needed
- Report on program spend, savings, profitability and account specific meeting data monthly.
- Monitor preferred supplier usage and hold team accountable for adherence to preferred supplier relationships.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entered within meeting technology.
- Participates in formulating and administering policies, directing and coordinating client to develop and implement long range goals and objectives to meet business and growth objectives.
- Conduct monthly and annual budgeting and forecasting reviews for assigned accounts.
- Alert client of any anticipated account/program budget variances or other operational issues and solution resolution options.
- Ensure on-going survey evaluations are conducted, analyze data, and implement continuous improvement processes.
- Conduct regularly client meetings and account review to ensure service needs are being met.
- Manage, monitor and review preferred supplier KPIs and SLAs for the account. Escalate for client's attention where necessary
- Manages direct report performance, development and succession planning
- Manages employee relations through effective communications and effective problem resolution, improving working relationships.
- Stay abreast and communicate industry trends and BCD M&E products and services to support client needs.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
We're looking for you if your profile matches the following:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 - 8 years' experience in incentives, event planning and/or program management.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in account/client management
- Minimum of five (5) years of operational management experience
- Minimum 1 -- 3 years' experience managing teams
- Proven track record on successful client negotiations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluency in English for liaising with English speaking stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What we offer you: This is an exciting job within an international work environment. You'll be working with a great international team of colleagues. And, we offer you a competitive package, training, career development, flexible hours and a dynamic work environment.
Your work location: Shanghai, China
How to apply: Is this your next career move? Don't wait any longer. Create a profile in our job portal on our website and upload your CV and cover letter.
Get to know us BCD Meetings & Events is an independently managed operating company of BCD Group and a sister organization of BCD Travel, one of the three largest travel management companies in the world. BCD Meetings & Events energizes and streamlines the business of meetings and incentives by offering event-level and enterprise-level solutions. Headquartered in Chicago, BCD Meetings & Events has more than 1,100 resources in over 50 countries, with sales exceeding US$992 million. For more information, visit www.bcdme.com.
This position is not open to third-party recruiting agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled