BCD Travel Country Director Meetings & Events Switzerland (f/m) in Switzerland
Do you have experience in the Meetings & Events industry and are you looking for a leading role in expanding our business in Switzerland? BCD Meetings & Events is looking for a Country Director with sales experience in the Meetings & Events industry.
Country Director Meetings & Events Full time, Zürich
The Country Director is responsible for the leadership, management, staffing and fiscal budgeting on all event accounts in Switzerland. You will be responsible for directing and setting of strategy for growth, initiatives and goals for the event team and you will motivate personnel to meet and exceed these goals.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with clients that lead to becoming a trusted advisor
- Identify opportunities to add value and grow client relationships to maximise profitability
- Development & ownership of annual acquisition Sales Plan and updates
- Ensuring Marketing Plan and campaigns are aligned with Sales Plan
- Leading all RFI & RFP submissions
- Perform direct and indirect management of all vertical division personnel, including budget and cost management, quality service, client retention, employee development and satisfaction, process / policy adherence and contractual obligations
- Execute the completion of personnel management to include: hiring, recruiting, training development and motivation
- Actively manage the performance and development of direct reports and down line employees
- Budgets and financial performance
- Prior managerial experience of 7 + years
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in the meetings and events industry
- Proven business development and client relationship skills - maintain and develop ongoing productive relationships
- Strong influencing, negotiating & analytical skills
- Fluent English plus at least one major European language fluently
- Highly self-motivated, self-starter, multi-tasker
- Confident communicator (verbal & written)
- Personable, credible and able to establish trust easily
- Thrives on pressure
Your work location This position is based at our Zürich office.
What we offer you This is an exciting job within an international work environment. Meetings & Events is a growing business and therefore there will be a lot of room to develop work processes and make them more efficient. You'll be working with a great international team of colleagues. Next to this, we offer you a salary in line with the market, training, career development, flexible hours and a dynamic work environment.
How to apply If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Suzanne Miechels, Recruiter EMEA at +31205621799 or Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply by creating a profile and upload resume and cover letter via the website, not via e-mail - thank you.
About us BCD Meetings & Events is an independently managed operating company of BCD Group and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. BCD Meetings & Events energizes and streamlines the business of meetings and incentives by offering event-level and enterprise-level solutions. Headquartered in Chicago, BCD Meetings & Events employs more than 1000 people and operates in over 40 countries. For more information, visit www.bcdme.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled