BCD Travel Global Account Manager (Corporate Travel) in South San Francisco, California
Global Account Manager (Corporate Travel)
This is a virtual position. Candidates must be in the Pacific or Mountain time zones
Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned client global account to include but not limited to client retention, contract negotiation, implementation and business consolidation, sales of products and services, financials (budgets, billing, payment and profitability), business planning and reviews, establishing relationships with key decision makers in multiple regions, staff development, business continuance and escalation of operational issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide leadership to account team:
Responsible for the coordination of all central communication across regions both BCD Travel and client's global initiatives or interests.
- Work with Regional and Local Account Managers to create supporting regional business plans/initiatives to support the global plan.
- Umbrella policy implementation and communication to all regions, including budgets, SLAs, etc.
- Demonstrate and communicate the value that BCD Travel provides to the client.
Develop Business Plan, implement key deliverables, measure results:
- Formulate and manage multi-national business plan with client with the goal of increasing revenues, decreasing cost, better utilizing assets and reducing risk of client attrition
- Working with client and BCD Travel team, identify short-term and long-term objectives for the global program and outline solutions to achieve objectives, including measurements and timelines.
- Create action plan to implement each program objective with actions and timelines.
- Put into place tracking and reporting for each objective and indicator.
- Plan and execute quarterly business review. Plan annual strategic business review. Create actions for deficiencies.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and/or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Develop Service Level Agreement for Service, Financial, MIS/CDS, Program Performance, Technology and Communication indicators, as applicable.
- Put into place tracking and reporting for each indicator.
- Create and manage business improvement plans, as required.
- Crisis Management responsibility, plans and tools.
- Create and manage to budgets and financials (includes billing, payment & profitability).
- Assist RAMs and NAMs with budget process and interface with global travel manager and BCD Travel executives as pricing concerns arise.
- Overall responsibility for profitability of contract.
- Responsible for consolidated financial reporting to customer, if needed.
- Increase revenues by Up-Sell and Cross-Sell of products and services that meet client's needs.
Negotiate financial terms of the client agreement
- Negotiate financial terms of the client agreement
- Ensure BCD Travel is billing for everything allowed by agreement.
- Ensure the client is paying in accordance with the agreement
Manage new business implementations:
- Develop sales strategy for non-participating countries
- Work closely with BCD Travel partners/affiliates in countries servicing the client or with sales opportunities
- Oversee the implementation of new business, working closely with global implementation team to ensure customer expectations are met.
Establish & maintain relationships:
- Responsible for overall relationship with client at multi-national level.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customer decision makers at all levels within the customer organization, including introduction of BCD Travel senior management to customer.
- Establish and maintain relationships within BCD Travel (owned, partners and affiliates) to achieve results for customer.
- Develop and maintain strategic global supplier relationships
- Build an internal network with departments, regional leaders and key support team members that the GAM does not have direct authority over to accomplish goals and initiatives that benefit the client and BCD Travel.
- Negotiate client contract terms and manage to all contractual terms
- Up-sell and cross-sell products and services that meet client's needs
- Introduce consulting services to enhance program
Operational & Global Reporting Requirements:
- Owner of overall service delivery strategy
- Identifies opportunities to use global technology tools and new processes.
- Communicates customer operations requirements to all owned, partner and affiliate servicing locations.
- Escalates operational issues without personally taking on responsibility of solving the issue.
- Develops business continuance plans
- Work with client to establish reporting requirements and methods.
- Work with Global CDS to ensure that each BCD Travel country is providing the required data within the agreed delivery time.
Team Management, Staffing & Career Development:
- Manages global account management team within a direct reporting line or matrix relationship.
- Team Development: Provides coaching and mentoring. For direct reports creates a career development plan to address development for successor positions and gaps in knowledge or experience.
- Manages the performance of direct reports or provides feedback to the matrix manager.
- Directs personnel recruiting, hiring and separation
- Ensures these is a succession plan for key team member
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with Supplier Relations, evaluate success of client preferred supplier programs, assess and recommend areas for improvement.
- Create and execute surveys and present survey results to support program requirements; plan for global traveler satisfaction survey.
- Seek out internal and external information to ensure clear understanding of client dynamics and BCD Travel solutions.
- Organize, prepare and/or participate in customer events/training seminars where appropriate.
- 5+ yrs travel industry experience in account mgmt or mgmt role
- Experience implementing & managing large market/ global clients
- Fluent in business English
- Thorough knowledge of business travel management (AM & Ops)
- Thorough knowledge of travel industry technology
- Strong business knowledge
- Effective communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally on regular basis
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled