BCD Travel Project Manager in Raleigh, North Carolina
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
Develops and executes all necessary logistics for multiple customer meetings, conferences, and conventions. Develops and maintains customer, supplier, and staff relations. Acts as an adviser in all situations. Creates and manages financial elements associated with program costs. Provides leadership and training to on-site staff members.
Serves as primary lead and manages the core team for all project assignments, including on-site implementation:
- Consults with clients, co-workers, and service providers to determine objectives, requirements and make recommendations for meetings and events.
- Plans and executes the meeting or event according to clients' corporate guidelines and procedures.
- Develops, presents, and executes ideas to enhance project outcome.
- Educates and advises clients and service providers of the meeting process and meeting life cycle.
- Troubleshoots situations effectively and at the source.
- Serves as a resource to co-workers with regard to clients' corporate guidelines and procedures.
- Initiates, develops, and manages written components of each project from conception to execution.
- Develops, manages, and obtains approval (if necessary) for all written program components to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Negotiates contracts and coordinates other details with service providers.
- Directs and coordinates activities of staff and meeting site personnel to provide all service requirements relevant for events.
- Evaluates and selects service providers such as meeting facilities, speakers, and transportation.
- Conducts site inspections, planning meetings, and pre-con meetings to ensure customer and meeting requirements are met.
- Ensures accounting processes are followed and financial deadlines are met.
- Manages all meeting materials required for project execution
Manages multiple projects and priorities:
- Manages an average of 4-6 programs simultaneously
- Effectively prioritizes work assignments through a time and events schedule for effective program management.
- Seek assistance as needed to ensure all client deliverables are met
Serve as a resource internally to colleagues:
- Acts as a resource to anyone who may travel to the meeting site for training purposes or program assistance.
- Provides guidance or assistance for work activities as needed to complete task assignments.
- Provide input for the creation of standard operating processes and best practices
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Education and training normally associated with completion of a four year degree in a business-related program.
- Two years of experience in meeting planning or roles directly related to meeting planning.
- Must have proven success with various meeting program formats on a small and large scale.
- Must be able to manage time and prioritize work effectively, be a team player, work independently, meet stringent deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Proficiency in software programs - Word, Excel and HTML
- Up to 40% travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled