BCD Travel Project Manager in New York, New York
Grass Roots Meetings & Events, a BCD Meetings & Events company, delivers core services: consultancy, strategic meetings management, attendee management, event technology and events to support clients at any stage of the event lifecycle.
Grass Roots Meetings & Events is offering a great opportunity for someone to join their team of venue sourcing consultants in the New York office.
We are looking for a motivated and confident individual who has a good knowledge of the events industry, and experience in venue sourcing. Event management or hospitality backgrounds will be considered. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and networking skills, and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships. They need to be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, and so must be well organized with an excellent eye for detail.
Responsible for the sourcing, development, planning and overall operational execution of meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel programs, and/or special events for customers. The Program Manager works on a variety of programs simultaneously and serves as the day-to-day planning contact for each respective client. The Program Manager is responsible for the day to day client contact and program planning functions, as well as overseeing such elements as website development, attendee management and final program billing.
Sourcing & Contracting
- Initiate property search using eRFP technology
- Leverage client preferred properties
- Monitor property responses, prepare availability grid and present to customer for property selection Negotiate contract T&Cs and concessions following client guidelines
- Manage contract process to produce fully executed contract and supporting documentation
- Direct responsibility for program sourcing and contracting, planning, execution and all of its components, of all assigned programs from the point of meeting registration including onsite program management
- Build websites in meeting technology
- Oversee and monitor attendee registration process and update the client
- Enter and update meeting information in meeting management technology including cost savings, final attendee registration and budget reconciliation
- Review and pay vendor invoices in a timely manner
- Conduct "kick-off" call with client to obtain meeting details in preparation for sourcing
- Consult with client on event parameters, dates, and locations
- Create and update budgets as necessary during planning and prepare final reconciled budgets -- Communicate budgetary information to client throughout the planning and execution of meeting.
- Consistent use of all mandatory templates including but not limited to the process flow, working agenda and weekly call agenda and notes
- Be first point of contact for client on assigned meetings
- Day to day/main contact with client providing consultative approach to planning, ensuring the client has identified clear objectives for the outcome of the meeting, and determine steps to ensure these objective are achieved.
- Primary contact for Client registration and reporting questions.
- Adhere to Client policy on financial and compliance controls for all meetings.
- Add value to client by counseling client on best practices, compliance and cost savings in order to make their event successful.
- Reconcile meeting in accordance with Client audit standards.
- Adhere to Client's compliance and performance management SLAs
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- CMP preferred
- Strategic sourcing, specifically in F & B, AV, Décor. Etc.
- Must not have been on a corrective action plan within the past year
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in planning meetings, conventions, conferences and/or special events
- Minimum of five (5) years experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in database management
- Firsthand experience of domestic and international group travel
- Successfully planned and operated high-level and complex meetings both domestic and international
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled