BCD Travel Accommodation Coordinator in New York, New York
Grass Roots Meetings & Events, a BCD Meetings & Events company, delivers core services: consultancy, strategic meetings management, attendee management, event technology and events to support clients at any stage of the event lifecycle.
Grass Roots Meetings & Events is offering a great opportunity for someone to join their team of venue sourcing consultants in the New York office.
We are looking for a motivated and confident individual who has a good knowledge of the events industry, and experience in venue sourcing. Event management or hospitality backgrounds will be considered. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and networking skills, and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships. They need to be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, and so must be well organized with an excellent eye for detail.
The Accommodation Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of attendee management, communication and attendee database reporting. This position is responsible for supporting the operations team in planning successful meeting, incentive and event programs by managing the registration process while maintaining a high level of customer service to the client and meeting attendees.
- Work directly with client prior to website development to assess program reporting needs and client's desired reporting schedule once registration opens. Consult with client to ensure that reporting plan achieves client objectives in the most efficient manner. Recap reporting plan to client and to program manager.
- Work to incorporate CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives of client into meetings/events when possible.
- Ability to identify resources in a complex organization to effectively get results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all meeting contacts to ensure repeat and new business.
- Setup initial registration call with client to discuss the registration process including costs, air process, registration software capabilities, print products, reporting and other registration steps.
- Oversee and monitor attendee registration process and update program manager, client and Suppliers as needed.
- Manage all aspects of the room block, including but not limited to attrition, additional rooms, and room list accuracy. Communicate rooming details directly to hotel and review associated hotel addendum with program manager.
- Update revised room blocks accordingly in registration database.
- Report final quality control of all event reports for assigned programs to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Identify travel parameters, perform QC processes on arranged air travel and serve as an escalation point between air team and client for approvals on any flights outside meeting parameters.
- Ensure arrival/departure manifests are accurate and communicated to ground supplier(s), and/or program manager.
- Communicate flight changes to suppliers and travel staff once final manifests have been submitted to team and suppliers.
- Facilitate and manage preparation of name badges working with printer to ensure accuracy and delivery.
- Expected to treat colleagues, employees, and suppliers with whom you interact with respect and dignity.
- Responsible for protecting confidential information of BCD Meetings & Events and Client.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and approachable manner at all times.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- 1-3 years job-related experience required (i.e. rooming block management, event registration, administrative, etc.)
- Previous hotel experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces
- Knowledge and previous experience with meeting, event and incentive programs and participant registration is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled