BCD Travel Generalist Meeting Manager in Kirkland QC, California
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
Responsible for the development, planning and overall operational execution of meetings for our corporate client. Must have strong project & client management skills and able to drive timelines to ensure successful event operations. The Generalist Meeting Manager works on a variety of programs simultaneously and serves as the day-to-day planning contact for each respective client. The Generalist Meeting Manager is responsible for the day to day client contact and program planning functions, as well as overseeing such elements as website development, attendee management, compliance, and final program billing/reconciliation. On occasion, this role may also be primarily responsible for the sourcing and registration functions for meetings they plan.
- Direct responsibility for program development, planning, execution and all of its components, of all assigned programs from the point of meeting registration including onsite program management
- Schedule, prepare and facilitate weekly team meetings with respective program teams for each assigned program. Prepare meeting recaps and distribute to respective team following each team meeting.
- Manage and utilize an internal and client version program timeline. Meet deadlines accordingly
- Adhere to Client policy on financial and compliance controls for all meetings.
- Add value to client by counseling client on best practices, compliance and cost savings in order to make their event successful
- Develop and conduct client site inspections as required and follow up with site inspection notes, revised estimated budget, program itinerary and program timeline.
- Source Hotel Venues through client sourcing tool (as needed)
- Build and monitor registration websites using client technology (as needed)
- Send attendee registration website link to colleagues and follow up as needed to confirm their registration (as needed)
- Create and update budgets as necessary during planning and prepare final reconciled budgets - Communicate budgetary information to client throughout the planning and execution of meeting.
- Facilitate the creative direction and fulfillment of program related participant and host communication materials, including, but not limited to save the dates, registration announcements, room gifts, pre trip and on site materials, including program signage and participant name badges.
- Negotiate and purchase ground transportation, entertainment and décor elements via preferred Destination Management Companies and/or direct vendors.
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity when negotiating with suppliers and interacting with clients and team-mates.
- Monitor vendor service levels. Address and resolve service issues directly with vendors in a professional manner.
- Enter and update meeting information in meeting management technology including cost savings, final attendee registration and budget reconciliation
- Adhere to all deadlines, turnaround timelines & compliance requirements.
- Determine and arrange detailed program needs (i.e. room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events and activities, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries, VIP needs, Prepare and provide client with timeline outlining all planned program details.
- Provide on-site program assistance; oversee all arranged details of program (i.e. attend pre-con, advance all functions, verify room set-ups, review banquet checks/master bill, handle VIP needs, assist in handing out documents).
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Monitor and review supplier billing and ensure timely payment and reconciliation
- Use internal financial system to ensure that full payment is made in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Sourcing and Registration Managers to ensure that appropriate meeting space is secured and for attendee registration requirements and updates.
- Devise on-site program operations staff recommendations.
- Prepare Turnover Notes and conduct a Live Turnover (7 days before program registration goes live).
- Prepare Travel Director materials to communicate on-site Travel Director Notes, logistic plans, final reports, program specs and all other pertinent program related planning materials, and provide one copy per Travel Director to the Program Services Manager on date due as per mailing and briefing calendar.
- Reconcile program within 60 days program, in accordance with audit and client standards.
- Compile and submit an audit ready program file 90 day's post program.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position and can add value.
- Moderate travel required, especially during peak seasons.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
- Work with Client and Business to coordinate and implement project for all meetings
- Manage day-to-day internal and client versions of program budgets, present to Client for review and approval.
- Consult with the air team on allocated budget, client needs and expectations, as well as program destination requirements.
- Track and manage air, hotel and vendor attrition, cancellation and deposit schedules.
- Ensure the timely payment of all supplier/vendor bills and oversee the invoice payment of Client deposits to ensure Client payments are received on time.
- Coordinate and execute client VIP/Host Special Needs during planning and program execution.
- Facilitate the creative direction and overall development timeline of program web sites, proofread, present and gain client approval
- Travel on-site as directed and serve as lead representative for suppliers and client, as required.
- Conduct internal pre-program briefings and post-program debriefings, including client briefing and debriefings.
- Bi-lingual (English/French) preferred
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Minimum three (3) years meeting/program planning experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in database management
- Firsthand experience of domestic and international group travel
- Travel industry and destination knowledge
- 0% - 25% travel domestically
- CMP certification preferred
- Pharma Experience Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled