BCD Travel Technology Solutions Specialist in Chicago, Illinois
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
Responsible for the research, recommendation and oversight of the technology tools and products leveraged to drive program optimization, enhance our service offering, expand our solution set and increase sales and profitability opportunity across our Event Solutions team. This role will liaise with our sales, pre-sales, and operations teams to ensure we are staying ahead of the industry curve with our technology solutions and products and promote proactive and relevant recommendations to our customers in an effort to grow and streamline our respective businesses. A passion for innovation, exploration and identifying and tracking technology products and trends is imperative and the ability to articulate the value proposition of any given technology as part of an integrated solution is paramount.
- Responsible for the management, development and training for several meeting technology platforms
- Evaluation and optimization of our current onsite engagement strategy
- Implement and monitor appropriate technology solutions that support internal process improvements
- Act as point of escalation to internal customers surrounding the use of approved solutions
- Act as consultant or trusted advisor to customers (internal and external) to help find solutions to their business issues relating to their technology needs
- Evangelize our technology solutions and conduct product demonstrations
- Use business and technical know-how to create and analyze design alternatives to meet project requirements.
Train end users on multiple technology platforms; includes creation of materials
Create and manage best practices and master project documentation for technical implementations
- Minimum of two years' experience with meeting management or travel technologies
- Proven project management and implementation experience
- Outstanding speaking and writing skills; ability to translate technical advantages into business benefits and values
- Proven track record of multi-tasking on multiple large scale projects in a fast-paced environment, with attention to detail and highly attuned to meeting deadlines
- Flexible and open to change, new ideas, and concepts
- Self-starter, able to find answers and solve problems independently
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Demonstrates different influence styles as appropriate to situation while maintaining positive relationships
- Listens with objectivity and checks for understanding
- Persists, despite obstacles and opposition or set backs
- Competitive, high achiever
- Holds self accountable for results
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled