BCD Travel Staff Accountant in Chicago, Illinois
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
The Staff Accountant prepares and analyzes managerial and financial reporting, journal entries, inter-company billings, and other related responsibilities.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, reconciles general ledger accounts monthly, and conducts necessary account analysis and research.
- Completes customer financial reporting, analysis and billing for clients when necessary.
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliation accurately and timely.
- Prepares journal entries to record inter-company charges, depreciation and amortization, prepayments, and accruals as necessary
- Sends inter-company invoices to other divisions.
- Bills / reconciles inter-company accounts monthly and corrects variances.
- Prepares fixed asset reconciliation.
- Maintains the fixed assets accounting records and the prepaid expense accounting records, including allocating and posting monthly depreciation and prepaid expenses, and completing the disposal of fixed assets which are fully depreciated, sold, or no longer in use.
- Answers questions from associates and managers on matters relating to the general ledger and posted items.
- Maintains all records, files, and documentation for account transactions in accordance with company record keeping retention guidelines
- Supports Sr. Director Finance and Finance manager on monthly close, forecasting, budgeting and reporting where needed.
- Adheres to all corporate deadlines with respect to monthly close, intercompany, and budgeting/forecasting processes
- Bachelor degree in accounting / finance or related field, or related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience, with general ledger emphasis.
- Proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets required. Proficiency in PeopleSoft, ADS / Global MAX, SAP and Microsoft Excel preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled