BCD Travel Solution Designer in Chicago, Illinois
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
The Solution Designer will use their industry knowledge to develop, coordinate and manage content for assigned Event proposals. They will work with the Senior Solution Designer and Senior Director, Solution Design & Strategy to conduct research and provide input, guidance and consultative support to the sales and operations teams.
- Manage timelines and workflow on assigned projects
- Develop, coordinate and manage content for assigned proposals
- Coordinate proposal format and source photography to support bid response
- Support assigned proposals, responsible for coordinating with sales, solution design and operations to identify strategy and develop information essential to bid response
- Work independently given the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
Events Business Knowledge:
- Knowledgeable around current event and incentive trends and ability to articulate in a dynamic manner in print and digital formats
- Focus on innovation on a continuum
- Understanding of the basic principles of incentives and events and their impact on business success
- Assist in proofreading and editing proposals
- Provide instruction for packaging and shipment of proposals to Sales team and Client
- Provide input, consultative support, as well as content support, to client communications team for all creative developed specifically for proposals -- includes: proposal branding, print and electronic communications, proposal packaging and presentation, case studies & support materials.
- Develop presentation materials on assigned proposals (ie: PowerPoint, In Design, etc)
- Work with Senior Solution Designer to develop and maintain proposal database in SmartCenter
- 5+ years of professional proposal writing experience -- and/ or writing, editing background
- Journalism, Marketing, Events, Hospitality, English Degree preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Cloud is an asset
- Experience in Meetings, Events and Incentives
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled