BCD Travel Meetings Coordinator Intern - Fall Internship in Chicago, Illinois
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately - and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 40+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific - a combined global work force of more than 1,000 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $850 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
nternship Position Details
- The internship will start on Monday, September 24th. Interns are expected to commit to a full or part time internship and would require a minimum of 40 hours per week. A part time internship would require a minimum of 20 hours. Interns are expected to commit to 10 weeks. Schedule will be determined by individual hiring manager and intern.
- The internship is an unpaid position but will be eligible for course credit.
- Interns are subject to BCD M&E rules and policies. For example, company hours are 8:30 AM -- 5:30 PM CST.
- Each intern may have the opportunity to travel to and attend a live meeting or event as a Travel Director once during their internship. During that week, hours may exceed 40.
- All work will be completed at the BCD Meetings & Events Chicago office, located at 500 W. Madison Street Chicago, IL 60661.
The Intern will work with the team of Meeting Coordinators responsible for providing administrative support for the Ancillary Meeting Operation Team with the execution of successful Ancillary Meetings. The Intern will assist with the backend administrative functions of the team, such as overseeing attendee management. This role is not client facing, and is primarily meant to reduce the data entry responsibilities of the Ancillary Meeting Managers. The perfect candidate will have some congress planning experience, and considerable meetings management technology experience, and will prefer to work with data and systems, rather than event attendees.
Supports program process from conception to execution with ancillary operations managers.
Understands project services scope and takes responsibility for assisting with different aspects of project execution (including oversight of the registration and uploading of event attendees to the client's meetings management system.)
Manages all meeting materials required for project execution, i.e. invitation customization, meeting checklists, itineraries, surveys, etc.
- Oversee the registration and uploading of event attendees to the client's meetings management system
- Responsible for Quality Control of meeting data. Follow-up on inconsistencies, missing information, etc.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
Data Management and Reporting:
- Responsible for data management within project management system for each project from conception through execution.
- Supports attendee registration management: facilitates registration capture, data input, cross-checks, confirmations, and reminders.
- Assist and maintain data tracking entries in accordance with project requirements and department goals.
- Assists Meeting Manager with creating reports.
- Follow guidance to ensure programs are in compliance with regulatory and client-driven guidelines.
- Submit transfer of value data for government regulated reporting
- Overall departmental support for team, handling deliverables as requested.
- General project work may be available on occasion.
- In the process of securing a Bachelor's degree with a major in hospitality, event management or related field preferred.
- Experience in planning events.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels of management and personnel both internally and externally (encompasses verbal, written, listening).
- Able to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the organization.
- Ability to nurture and work in fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel -- must be comfortable generating Excel reports.
- Comfort with data management software [training provided].
- Excellent organization skills.
- Affinity for managing details.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled