BCD Travel Marketing Intern - Fall Internship in Chicago, Illinois
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately - and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 40+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific - a combined global work force of more than 1,000 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $850 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
Internship Position Details
- The internship will start on Monday, September 24th. Interns are expected to commit to a full or part time internship and would require a minimum of 40 hours per week. A part time internship would require a minimum of 20 hours. Interns are expected to commit to 10 weeks. Schedule will be determined by individual hiring manager and intern.
- The internship is an unpaid position but will be eligible for course credit.
- Interns are subject to BCD M&E rules and policies. For example, company hours are 8:30 AM -- 5:30 PM CST.
- Each intern may have the opportunity to travel to and attend a live meeting or event as a Travel Director once during their internship. During that week, hours may exceed 40.
- All work will be completed at the BCD Meetings & Events Chicago office, located at 500 W. Madison Street Chicago, IL 60661.
- Work with Global Marketing leadership to execute tasks related to corporate marketing projects
- Help manage editorial content and social media calendar, updating media contact list as necessary and helping develop social media content
Support marketing specialists with daily activities that include but are not limited to:
Social media posts
- Media outreach and follow up
- Market research
- Content development and editing
- Write, contribute and/or proof copy as needed for various content
- In the process of securing a Bachelor's degree with a major in marketing, communications, PR preferred
- Experience in planning events a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels of management and personnel both internally and externally (encompasses verbal, written, listening)
- Able to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the organization
- Ability to nurture and work in fast paced, team oriented environment
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills, PC with experience in Windows NT, Excel, PowerPoint and other applicable software
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled