BCD Travel Manager, Talent in Chicago, Illinois
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
The Manager of Talent collaborates with the BCD M&E leadership team to lead talent sourcing and recruiting strategies. They are a key player in the successful recruitment and retention of new employees.
- Full lifecycle recruitment responsibilities. Accountable for developing the recruitment strategy, identifying and attracting the appropriate talent for open positions, managing and overseeing the entire interview process through the final stages inclusive of offer recommendation and creation, negotiation, and closing/offer acceptance, reference/background checks, through the on-boarding stage.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the leadership team.
- Serves as an experienced hire subject matter expert on the recruiting process.
- Work closely with HR team on employee retention.
- Work with hiring managers on creating job descriptions and titles when needed.
- Become and stay well networked/connected within the meetings & events industry.
- Encourage networking and referrals throughout the organization to help develop pipelines for anticipated recruiting.
- Lead regular assessments of current compensation structure, including review of salary ranges, bonus and commission plans.
- Assess traditional sourcing methods and determine innovative ways to target new talent
- Proactively develop pipeline of talent
- Partner with Operations leadership team to create solutions for flexible resource modeling
- Target competencies for similar functional roles, so there is consistency in the targeted candidates
- Review current interviewing strategies across teams and lead efforts to improve upon and train management team on interviewing process/skills
- Keep up on competitive compensation packages, industry trends, benchmark and create best practices and maintain current industry information, including new thinking and new approaches.
- Work closely with HR and leadership team to design and implement fresh, creative and innovative approaches to talent management.
- University Relations & Internship Program -- partner with CORE team to support management of the internship program to develop a highly-educated talent pipeline and internship program, and to attract college students/graduates for current and future employment.
- Act as point of contact for all external recruitment firms, manage and coordinate the external recruitment process when needed. Negotiate and align all agency contracts so they are the same.
- Support internal Leadership and Talent Development- Identify and ensure development plans are in place for high potential and successor candidates to meet future talent requirements for the business.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
- A minimum of eight (8) years recruiting experience required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required
- HRIS database experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled