BCD Travel Graphic Designer in Chicago, Illinois
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
The Graphic Designer supports our Solution Design creative and proposal services. This role is responsible for creating the conceptual framework for all assigned projects and translating the conceptual theory to art, color, and type-based selection. This role is responsible for creation, design, development and implementation of graphic and marketing materials that support the brand strategy as well as its message, vision and architecture. This position conceptualizes and implements design solutions that meet program objectives and communicate messages in an effective visual manner, creating professional graphics, images and designs for various mediums.
The Graphic Designer will develop the overall layout and production design for design collateral, advertisements, digital assets (campaigns, web artwork, etc.), client presentations, sales proposals and more. This role will also be integral to developing creative concepts to visually support marketing strategy and sales opportunities.
- Interpret internal client's needs to produce and bring to life the project's requirements and message through high visual impact images and design
- Help drive the development of BCD M&E's creative vision, brand integrity and specific visual style, delivering break through innovative designs
- Work collaboratively with Senior Director, Solution Design & Strategy to ensure that all design solutions meet deadlines, objectives and budget parameters
- Work closely with Events leaders in preparing business proposals and presentations by attending key planning meetings/calls to help kick off projects
- Perform research and due diligence on target market for each design project
- Create professional graphics, images and designs for various mediums and provide quality control on creative pieces
- Stay up to date on design skills and software, understanding current color and design trends in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and awareness of material costs and time limits that can impact a design
- Develops highly creative design and communication solutions including producing graphic art and visual materials for both print and electronic communications
- Serves as tactical manager for assigned creative projects through the events team
- Reviews all press proofs to insure quality production
- Trouble-shoots design problems and articulates those challenges as well as solutions to the appropriate team members
- Manages various internal projects upon assignment
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and highly collaborative environment (while having FUN!)
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
- Responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet Solution Design strategies and communicate messages in an effective visual manner
- Participates in new program strategy/information meetings
- Conducts research to ensure that concepts and design solutions are appropriate to the client's needs and expectations
- Develops creative concepts and is skilled at visual storytelling to support content and marketing objectives
- Designs proposals to support our Events business that are creative, engaging and visually represent our service offering
- Ensures consistent and complete alignment to BCD M&E brand in all design deliverables
- Participates in creative brainstorm sessions
- Bachelor Degree is required, preferably a BFA with a focus in design.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in graphic design.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in project management, working directly with a client or client team.
- Must have knowledge of offset and digital print production requirements and processes.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled