BCD Travel Director, Sales in California, United States
Where will your career take you?
We're not just any travel management company.
We help clients travel smart and achieve more.
Director of Sales
BCD Travel is expanding our North American Sales team. We are looking for dynamic and creative sales team members to help us continue our growth. The position is a Director, Sales covering Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, and Idaho . This is a virtual position. Preferred candidates will live in Northern California, Oregon, or Washington.
Responsible for obtaining profitable new accounts within a designated territory using effective sales and marketing techniques. Involves company resources, as appropriate for the customer, to be responsive to customer needs. Leads the BCD Travel team through the sales process for target accounts.
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes and adheres to the sales process as outline by Sales Management
- Develops prospect list of qualified leads and performs preliminary research to identify clients' need and goals
- Develops creative and cost effective plans to meet clients' objectives
- Makes sales presentations, prepares proposals in conjunction with other members of the sales and sales support team and follow through to closure of sale
- Makes required number of weekly fact-to-face sales calls
- Makes required number of weekly cold calls.
- Ensures thorough prospect identification and market penetration for major accounts in target areas.
- Oversees the development of proposals, presentations, contracts and other marketing-related collateral materials. Meets all deadlines.
- Coordinates pricing and service configuration functions with the appropriate vice president, controller and sales person.
- Updates new and existing clients on products and industry changes as needed
- Maintains detailed records and files documenting new prospect, sold accounts, lost bid, and no bid actions as requested by senior management. Forecasts opportunities with 100% accuracy. Utilizes company provided system to document sales activity
- Assists in the coordination of contract negotiations and renegotiations, signing off on all contracts before submittal to the president for signature.
- Coordinates, or participates in, client and prospect functions/activities (tradeshows, conventions, client forums, and etcetera) as necessary to provide consulting services and to improve client / prospect knowledge of company products and benefits.
- Directs the efforts of sales events and promotional activities.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technology product lines.
- Maintains a good working relationship with account travel managers and keeps accounts appraised of travel trends and updates within the industry.
- Meets or exceeds individual and divisional sales goals and gross profit margins. Maintains high close and win rates as assigned by SVP/EVP.
- Identifies competitive threats and emerging problems and offers swift solutions to preserve the integrity of relationships.
- Assures quality responsiveness and strategic approaches to new business development.
- Manages toward growth and ongoing contact with key prospects.
- Adheres to BCD Travel's travel and entertainment policy. Maintains expense budget.
- Supports Company and regional initiatives.
- Projects a favorable image of BCD Travel at all times
- Bachelor degree with business focus (preferred).
- Minimum of five (5) years of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the travel, meetings and incentives, or technology industries (required)
- Strong negotiation skills (required)
- Strong network of travel industry contacts preferred (required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentations (required)
- Ability to travel 25-50% (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled