BCD Travel Junior Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
Looking for an enthusiastic new team member to learn to be a full stack developer and perform hands-on software development/testing of LAMP based applications; able to adapt to an agile test, driven development process; self-starter that can take direction and then innovate independently; willing to learn Kubernetes and deployments within a Virtual Private Cloud infrastructure.
Understanding complete LAMP Stack:
- Able to learn and adapt development practices for LAMP based applications
- Able to adapt the translation of API to MySQL data models (relational database and database optimization)
- Leverage Github / GIT integration
- Develop a working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
Secure Coding Practices:
- Continuous evaluation of programming related to performance and web security
- Leverage test driven development
- Able to read and resolve on penetration test results
- Able to read and resolve code scan results
Research and Development:
- Able to research and identify secure frameworks to leverage in their coding practices
- Able to leverage peer assistance to adopt new development practices
- Bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, or math) or equivalent.
- Understanding of software architecture and object-oriented design
- Knowledge of database design, application and documentation
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Enthusiastic, customer focused, service oriented, self-starter
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled