BCD Travel Event Housing Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
Responsible for operations in relation to Event Housing and assigned team, providing staffing and service levels at or above minimum operating standards. To manage the day to day operations of the Event Housing team to ensure successful service delivery while maintaining a high level of customer service to program participants and the client. Conduct oneself in a positive, professional and ethical manner expected of a leader. Embracing the BCD M&E culture and becoming part of it is essential delivery to the team onsite with the client.
- Accurate forecast for hotel room block - including peak and shoulder nights based on venue and dates.
- Registration needs - what types of information to collect for client and team.
- Use of placeholder names on rooming list when registration numbers fall short due to slow registrations.
- Monitor pick up and report to clients on potential attrition penalties.
- Managing unique billing situations and provide accurate reporting to hotel and client.
- Act as liaison for client, attendees and hotel to manage changes and requests.
- Review hotel lists for accuracy to ensure reservations and changes are processed correctly.
- Continuous communication with all parties involved, i.e. client, guest and hotel staff.
- Providing specialized services to high level attendees.
- Resolve any problems for guests - no shows and walk in's.
- Manage no shows, contacting "missing" guests and determine whether to hold or release rooms without penalties.
- Assist with onsite registration if needed.
- Review master hotel bill for accuracy and reconcile final billing.
- Request corrections and credits if needed.
- Serve as primary contact for Event Logistics Manager or client.
- Collaborate with Event Technology Manager to develop website to support housing registration.
- Download and modify rooming list to comply with hotel needs.
- Submit rooming list to hotel on date specified in contract.
- Manage distribution of housing confirmations.
- Manage all additions, changes, and deletions to rooming lists.
- Manage "placeholders" to avoid attrition and fees.
- Confirm billing arrangements with event management team.
- Confirm VIP arrangements with event management team and the hotel.
- Manage guarantees and billing arrangements with event management team.
- Communicate and confirm special requests for hotel as directed by the event management team.
- Manage all aspects of rooming list to include no-shows (keep or release rooms), early arrivals, later departures, and cancellations.
- Create and maintain "onsite" list of attendees, to include walk-ins and cancellations.
- Receive arrival/in-house report from hotel daily.
- Manage all room changes.
- Reconfirm VP and VIP suites/amenities.
- Confirm special requests.
- Finalize housing billing.
- Provide Event Logistics Manager, Tradeshow Manager, or Client with final charges to include T&E.
- Provide final pick-up report to Event Logistics Manager, Tradeshow Manager, or Client.
- 3-5 years industry-related experience required (i.e. meeting planning, on-site logistics, hotel reservations management, or meeting registration)
- 1 year registration management/attendee management experience (Cvent a plus)
- Travel Reservations experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge and previous experience with room block management
- Knowledge and previous experience with meeting, event and incentive programs and participant registration
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled