BCD Travel Data Virtualization Engineer I in Atlanta, Georgia
Data Virtualization Engineer
As a Data Virtualization Engineer you'll use your relational database knowledge to provide scalable enterprise DV processes and technical support for our data virtualization systems. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding data requirements, security requirements, metadata, design, development, and testing activities to successfully implement and support the needs of the business. You must be willing to support all aspects of the Data Virtualization environment including a strong emphasis on advanced SQL development and environment monitoring. In addition, develop a passion to become a subject matter expert.
- Serves as the go-to subject matter expert for IT personnel on Data Virtualization software, including performance, tuning, troubleshooting, gathering and interpretation of diagnostics, and decisions about configuration. Designs and develops high quality integration solutions consistent with given requirements.
- Collaborates with other application development teams to design, develop and deploy solutions leveraging the data virtualization tool. Supports the adherence to Data Virtualization standards, conventions, principles.
- Plans and coordinates installation of upgrades, enhancements, and changes to the Data Virtualization software. Supports testing and quality assurance for all upgrades, enhancements, and changes to the Data Virtualization software.
- Partners with DevOps and Infrastructure to monitor performance of the Data Virtualization environment. Reviews, evaluates, and selects all Data Virtualization software fixes for relevance. Partners with other teams as appropriate to ensure a consistent and highly reliable system.
- Supports analysts and report developers that access data through the Data Virtualization platform. Partners with Architects and Analysts to prepare and disseminate documentation on Data Virtualization facilities and determine appropriate usage of the Data Virtualization tool. Provide internal consulting for users on matters of how-to, performance, or malfunction.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (SQL), modeling and performance concepts
- 1 plus years of experience with at least one of JBoss/DV, Teiid, Composite (via Cisco or TIBCO), Denodo
- Strong ANSI SQL programming experience
- 1 plus years of Linux experience, RHEL preferred
- Strong knowledge of Linux scripting via command line (BASH, KSH)
- Experience using tools such as, Atlassian (Jira), Wiki, , GIT, , Power Designer/ERwin, Tortoise/SVN, is a plus
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- Understanding of the Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Long-term growth opportunities
- Casual and diverse working environment
- Strong corporate commitment to this technology stack
- BCD Travel has received numerous awards as a 'best place to work'
- You will grow a long-term career while continuously receiving hands-on training and mentorship from senior level architects and developers in our data services organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled