BCD Travel Big Data Engineer II in Atlanta, Georgia
Big Data Engineer
As a (Big Data) Software Engineer you'll use your data engineering knowledge to provide scalable enterprise data integration processes and technical support for our data management systems. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding data requirements, security requirements, metadata, design, development, and testing activities to successfully implement and support the needs of the business.
You will grow a long-term career while continuously receiving hands-on training and mentorship from senior level architects and developers in our data services organization.
- Development of Solutions. Duties include construction of basic and/or complex solutions based on functional and technical specifications. Creation of operational specifications and procedures. Definition, documentation, and execution of unit test cases. Support Quality Services and User Acceptance testing. Definition, creation and execution of implementation processes and procedures. Assist in task identification, planning, and tracking.
- Passionate about distributed processing and very large-scale solutions.
- Provide a high quality and reliable solution to solve business problems
- Review and manage work assignments (includes support cases) for team in an Agile environment.
- Provide technical representation and communicate with customers until issue is resolved.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (SQL)
- 3 plus years of Java, Scala, Maven, Python, Spark, SparkSQL, SparkML NoSQL development experience
- 3 plus years of SQL programming
- Strong experience working with Hadoop/Big Data technologies; i.e Hadoop, MapR, No-SQL Database capability
- Strong analytical capabilities, data processing development background and multiple DBMS experience
- Clear understanding of HDFS file types and when to use which
- Clear understanding of the differences of the multiple data management systems available; i.e. HDFS, Cassandra, HIVE, HBase
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and distributed computation
- Strong knowledge of Linux scripting, BASH, KSH, Jenkins
- Experience using tools such as Atlassian (Jira), Wiki, Visual Studio, TFS, Power Designer, Tortoise/SVN, is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Long-term growth opportunities
- Casual and diverse working environment
- Strong corporate commitment to this technology stack
- BCD Travel has received numerous awards as a 'best place to work'
- You will grow a long-term career while continuously receiving hands-on training and mentorship from senior level architects and developers in our data services organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled